Sometimes we come across a blog that is so good that we just have to share it. We will highlight a few of our favorites each month here on the blog, but don't forget to see what else we are sharing on Twitter and Facebook.
The Changing Face of B2B Marketing
As the B2B eCommerce industry continues to grow, marketing initiatives surrounding that space are changing to meet this expanding market’s needs. This article from Google takes a look at the changing demographic of B2B decision makers.
The most significant change discussed in this article is that millennials are playing an increasingly influential role in B2B decision-making. Google reports that in 2014, 18- to 34-year-olds made up nearly half of all B2B researchers. This means that formerly successful marketing campaigns targeting an older generation are no longer working as well as they once did.
This new B2B audience ingests their information primarily through digital channels. These decision makers are the prime example of those people who expect a flawless eCommerce experience across the board, regardless of whether they’re shopping or researching for work or for play. This means that B2B marketing must adapt to the B2B 2.0 eCommerce experience.
Be sure to check out the rest of the article to learn what other B2B myths Google debunked.
Ecommerce Holiday Prep 2015
Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, and your eCommerce site needs to be up to the challenge! If your site could use a boost prior to the biggest retail season of the year, check out our 12 Days of Ecommerce Christmas series, as we review twelve ways to prepare:
- 12 Drummers Drumming up Business: Valuable and Compelling Content
- 11 Pipers Piping: Email Marketing
- 10 Lords a Leaping to Your Site: Hosting
- 9 Ladies Dancing: Site Speed
- 8 Maids a Milking: Up Selling and Cross Selling
- 7 Swans a Swimming: Descriptive Product Information
- 6 Geese a Laying: Updated and Relevant Product Images
- 5 Golden Rings: Customer Reviews
- 4 Calling Birds: Cart Abandonment Emails
- 3 French Hens: Sales Tax Regulations
- 2 Turtledoves: Customer Lifetime Value
- 1 Partridge: One Happy Customer