We excited to report that, once again, Magento has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce! As digital commerce platform choice grows in complexity, the Gartner Magic Quadrant serves to evaluate digital commerce platform vendors and assist application leaders supporting digital commerce.
This report is focused on the future of the digital commerce market and the transformational technologies or approaches delivering on the future needs of end users. Gartner believes that the future of digital commerce will include a new breed of seller who is focused on solving customer problems versus selling products. These future platforms will use technology to:
- Understand the customer as an individual and anticipate that customer’s needs
- Bring simplification to the purchasing process
- Personalize the customer’s experience while maintaining privacy and respect
With that in mind, Gartner evaluated 18 digital commerce platform vendors and, using ability to execute and completeness of vision as parameters, organized those vendors into Leaders, Challengers, Niche Players, and Visionaries. These considerations show that Magento has been named a Leader based on solution completeness for solutions spanning merchant needs and evolving omnichannel experience demands.
Joining Magento in the Leader category are SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Digital river, and IBM.
What Makes Magento a Leader?
Gartner determined that Magento is a Leader based on evaluation of the Magento Commerce platform. They highlighted the fact that Commerce goes to market with a single-tenant SaaS, AWS cloud-hosted managed service offering, but can be deployed on premises or alternative public or private clouds. The report also draws attention to other Magento offerings that work in tandem with the platform, like Magento OM and Business Intelligence, as well as the fact that Magento supports both B2B and B2C customers in a wide range of industries.
Here are Magento’s strengths, as highlighted in the Gartner Magic Quadrant report:
- Growth and service provider network: Magento has experienced significant growth since becoming an independent company in 2015 (it was formerly owned by eBay), enabling development of a robust service provider network for solution integration and product development.
- Complete solution: Magento has several offerings in addition to the base commerce platform, including solutions for OM, data and analytics, social selling, B2B commerce, and CPQ. Its recently released WCM functionality is available today as an extension, to be integrated to the core product in 2018.
- Marketplace connectivity: A marketplace module is integrated to Magento Commerce, enabling direct integration to Amazon and with built-in intelligent pricing. The module is available for any Magento customer on request and is scheduled to be generally available in the code base in 2018. Integration to eBay and Walmart/Jet is planned for later in 2018. Prospects that also need a solution for selling in online marketplaces will find the module beneficial.
With Magento’s unique ability to provide customers with the agility and scalability they need to grow their business, the ability to keep cost of ownership down to help business grow, and the support the platform provides in providing a great omnichannel customer experience, it’s no wonder Magento was named a Leader.
We encourage you to read the full Gartner Magic Quadrant for Digital Commerce 2018 report to learn more about how the criteria used for this ranking and check out their analysis of digital commerce industry trends and technology. You can access the report here.
Are you ready to stop dreaming about your perfect eCommerce site and start building it? Contact our certified Magento team to make that dream a reality.