Magento’s annual Imagine conference is right around the corner! May 13-15, Magento partners, merchants, and fans will converge on Las Vegas to learn more about the Magento community. Here’s what we’re looking forward to and how we’re preparing for the event.
Magento Imagine Speakers 2019
Imagine always boasts a great lineup of speakers, and this year is no exception. Here are just a few of the speakers we’re looking forward to:
- Gary Vaynerchuk, CEO of VaynerMedia, Chairman of VaynerX, and five-time New York Times bestselling author
- Jules Pieri, Co-Founder and CEO of The Grommet
- Troy Brown, President – North America of Zumiez
- Gillian Campbell, Head of Omni-Channel Strategy and Operations of HP Inc.
We’re also looking forward to hearing from representatives from Magento, including Gary Specter, VP of Commerce Sales and Customer Success, and Jason Woosley, VP of Commerce Product and Platform. Imagine is typically a time for big announcements from the company, including new software releases and capabilities in the past, so we can’t wait to hear what Magento has in store for the next year!
Of course, the speaker you won’t want to miss is our own Gian Genovesi.
Briteskies’ Imagine Presentation
We are honored to have been chosen to lead a breakout session again this year, and Gian will be giving a deep dive into our recent project with Huffy Bikes and their new brand, Batch Bicycle.
Titled “How the Biggest Name in Bicycles is Rebuilding Business through Independent Shops: B2B Integrations and Disrupting the Distribution Channel,” Gian’s presentation will take a close look at the innovative distribution model that Huffy employed with their Batch brand.
With a 125-plus year legacy, Huffy Bicycle’s goals have always been to get more bikes to more people. This mission drove down both the cost of bikes and the quality. As they took over more and more of the market, smaller retailers and independent bike shops floundered. Now, along with their partnerships with big box retailers, Huffy is developing brands that focus on getting the right bike to the right person, often involving those smaller, independent retailers they once pedaled over.
Through brands like Batch Bicycles, Huffy is working with independent bike shops to reach a different kind of customer. Huffy turned to our team to create a unique digital solution for their new brand, Batch Bicycles. This new way of doing business uses the economies of scale of Huffy to bring sales, customers, and profitable product lines to local bike shops, helping Huffy to break into a different market.
Be sure to join Gian and our friends from Huffy to hear more about this Magento solution.
Magento Imagine Survival Checklist
As multi-year veteran attendees, we like to think we know a thing or two about surviving Imagine. Of course, scoping out your preferred speakers and sessions is step one, but then what? We’ve put together a survival checklist for those of you attending Imagine for the first time.
Tips and Tricks for Surviving Magento Imagine
- Stay Hydrated: You’re in the desert, after all. Pack a water bottle and don’t forget the lip balm.
- Talk to People: Be open to talking to people you don’t know because you can learn a lot just by talking to fellow attendees. You could find out some amazing things and even meet an interesting new partner to work with.
- Bring a Jacket: It’s been known to dip into the 40s at night, so don’t forget to pack an extra layer.
- A Tip for Merchants: Don’t be afraid to talk to vendors. We don’t bite!
- A Tip for Vendors: Don’t be afraid to talk to developers.
- A Tip for Sponsors: Bring something for entertainment when all of the merchants are in their breakout sessions. It gets quiet in the marketplace during that time.
- Review Breakout Sessions Ahead of Time: You’ve probably already gone through the general sessions, but be sure to pick out the breakout sessions you’re interested in as well. Some will fill up faster than others and some may need special registration.
- Rest Up Beforehand: The days start early and go late into the night, so you won’t be getting much sleep at the conference. Be sure to grab some extra hours before you head to Vegas!
- Don’t Live Tweet After 7:00 pm
- Find Your Breakfast Spot: We are big fans of Hash House a Go Go.
- That’s Not Elvis: We know, we know, it looks just like him!
- Don’t Let What Happens in Vegas Stay in Vegas: Ok, maybe some things should stay in Vegas, but be sure to bring some of that great information you learn back to your team. You’ll be learning how to better serve your customers and your organization, so be sure to share that knowledge when you’re back in the real world.
We’re excited to get to Vegas and learn what’s new with Magento and how to better leverage it for our customers.
If you’ll be at Imagine, be sure to stop by our booth and say hello! We’d love to chat eCommerce with you.