JD Edwards released Tools 9.1.5 in December, and this release contains a host of new features that improve IT processes and help bring a modernized experience to the system. Below are just a few of the updates.
Enhanced Web User Experience
The Enhanced Web User Experience greatly improves the usability of the interface and fights the stereotype of JDE being an “old technology.” This updated UI, called Alta, was built with design principles in mind, such as:
- Keep layouts simple and uncluttered
- Provide a clear information hierarchy
- Engage users with more visual content
- Design for mobile first
Alta helps the EnterpriseOne UI to match other Oracle ERP products, creating consistency across the brand. It offers such features as cut-and-paste capability to and from the grind, the ability to resize the grid on the fly, and configurability by user or role.
Mobile Applications Framework
The Mobile Applications Framework is, in part, an effort to encourage more app development within EnterpriseOne. There are over 80 JDE apps available in the Apple and Android app stores, and JDE is embracing the move toward a more mobile, BYOD environment. The Oracle Mobile Platform YouTube Channel provides a comprehensive look at the Mobile Applications Framework.
Other New Features in JD Edwards
- Bread Crumbs: This menu navigation allows for quick access to recently run applications even after logging off and back on.
- Media Objects: Users can now drag and drop simplified media objects from the desktop in E1.
- Calendar and Email Integration: The improved calendar and email integration lets users send emails and create meeting invitations from any application.