The latest version of Magento Commerce is here! Last week, Magento 2.3 was released, bringing new tools to help merchants fuel their growth while empowering developers to deliver on client expectations faster and more easily. So, what’s new in this release? Here are a few of the newest features in Magento Commerce 2.3.
Magento Commerce 2.3 features inventory management provided by Multi Source Inventory (MSI). This tool lets merchants manage inventory for all product types in a single warehouse and across complex shipping networks. Merchants can manage these locations as sources, tracking on-hand inventory quantities per product. Stocks map these sources and sales channels (websites) to provide an accurate, salable quantity as inventory pools for concurrent checkout and product reservations. Inventory Management also updates order and shipment options, giving you full control over your stock.
One of the main CMS enhancements is banner enhancements. You can now create banner content in native Magento WYSIWYG or PageBuilder. Although, it’s important to note that banners have been renamed to dynamic blocks to better represent the feature.
Regardless of the name, this enhancement lets you create store-specific content for dynamic blocks by switching between scopes using the Magento Scope Selector.
This was previously a third-party tool but with Magento Commerce 2.3 is out-of-the-box functionality. PageBuilder is a drag-and-drop visual content editing tool that lets merchants customize the appearance of their storefront without writing any HTML or CSS. This tool makes it much easier to keep your site updated without needing developer time.
Magento Commerce 2.3 includes over 30 fixes to core Magento code.
- Cache flush ACL provides granular access to cache management setting to prevent accidental changes that could potentially affect system performance. This includes allowing merchants to control which administrative users can clear site caches.
- Google ReCAPTCHA and Two Factor Authorization not only protects stores from bots, but it also protects the Admin panel against stolen passwords and fake logins.
Here are just a few of the other improvements included in Magento Commerce 2.3:
- Magento Shipping has added support for new fulfillment options and expanded global availability.
- New scalable APIs enable better control over the timing and execution visibility of API calls, at a greater volume, and without waiting for all previous operations to complete, all of which allow for faster performance.
- Improved indexing performance, including sharding and parallel processing of indexers, reduces indexation times by over 60% to support larger sites and quicker product updates.
- Improvements to release packaging plus an increase in test automation, results in a faster, more efficient release process and improved product quality.
- Change in versioning for B2B product to match the versioning of the core product.
- Upgrade of Magento Functional Test Framework to 2.3.6.
So Much More
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what’s new with Magento Commerce 2.3. For more information on the newest features and how they can improve your eCommerce site, contact our certified Magento team.