We are so excited to report that Magento has been recognized by Gartner as a Leader in Digital Commerce. The Gartner Magic Quadrant is considered the power list of global digital commerce providers, making this an important recognition for Magento.
As technology advances and the number of eCommerce vendors grows, it can be difficult to accurately evaluate all of those options. The goal of the Magic Quadrant report is to “assist application leaders supporting digital commerce.”
In order to be included in the Magic Quadrant, vendors were ranked on their market presence and company viability, product functionality, and product agility. The 21 vendors who were evaluated were then ranked on their ability to execute and the completeness of their vision. From there, they were divided into four categories: Leaders, Challengers, Visionaries, and Niche Players.
Magento was joined in the Leader category by SAP Hybris, Oracle, IBM, Salesforce, and Digital River.
According to Gartner, “leaders demonstrate the ability to:
- Provide depth and breadth of commerce functionality
- Deliver commerce capabilities across multiple industries and business models
- Deliver commerce platforms that can scale up to support large transaction volumes and high levels of digital commerce GMV revenue
- Provide sales and support services both directly and through an ecosystem of application, services, and integration partners
- Deliver additional application functionality that integrates with their core commerce platform
Leaders also have financial, technical and organizational viability, and they appear consistently on client evaluations of digital commerce vendors. They often set the competitive benchmark against which other vendors compare themselves.”
Magento was ranked as a Leader due to their “increasingly growing and flexible commerce platform that is used in many verticals and by companies of various sizes across many countries.” We’ve seen that first hand in our projects as we’ve implemented, upgraded, and integrated Magento for everyone from the North American branch of an international wire and cable company to a luxury furniture retailer.
Be sure to check out the full report here to see the full list of Magento’s strengths and to see how the other included platforms were ranked.
Even more convinced now that you should be implementing Magento? Contact our team to get started.