Sometimes we come across a blog that is so good that we just have to share it. We will highlight a few of our favorites each month here on the blog, but don't forget to see what else we are sharing on Twitter and Facebook.
2017 Predictions: Dynamics that will Shape the Future in the Age of the Customer
Forrester recently released their 2017 predictions for the business world as we move further into what they call “the age of the customer.” Their predictions span business and leadership, customer experience, and technology in a customer-led, digital-centric market.
One big influence on this changing market, according to Forrester, is the millennial customer. “Adventurous, experiential, and downright fickle behavior – once thought of as ‘Millennials being Millennials’ – has gone mainstream.”
Some of Forrester’s predictions include:
- More than one-third of businesses will restructure to shift to customer-obsessed operations.
- CIOs and technology will be placed front and center, with CIOs becoming business leaders to address external and personal risk.
- CX will move towards microdesign to identify and design the moments that matter most to customers.
- AR and VR experimentation will continue and set the foundation for larger implementations in the next few years.
Be sure to check out the full report to see all of Forrester’s predictions for the upcoming year.
Warning: Fake Magento Patch 9789 Contains Virus
A few weeks ago, an email was sent out to announce the new Magento patch SUPEE-9789. That patch was fake and contained malware. While the message looks like an official Magento announcement, it’s a fake and should not be opened. The patch has two malicious payloads:
- An attached Word document with macro, identified as a virus
- A request to run webpos.exe, which was identified as a new variety of the notorious Neutrino Bot.
While Magento user should have been contacted by Magento directly, this is a good reminder to always be on the eye out for potentially dangerous emails and security patches. You can read more about this particular security threat here.
If you are concerned about the security of your Magento site, contact our team.